We Appreciate Your Support!
The 2nd Annual Alpha Challenge was a great day of both friendly and fierce competition at landmark George M. Steinbrenner Field. From the stroller biathlon to the quarterback challenge, the relay races and the giant croquet game, our competitors gave their all and cheered their teammates through the ten events.
ANNOUNCING the 2014 Top Three Finishers in each division:
Mutual of Omaha
Tampa Police Department Tactical Response Team
Leadership Tampa Class of 2014 – Team 2
Best Team Uniform
Liberty Mutual “Witch Won”
Alpha Challenge would not have been possible without all of you and without the support of our sponsors, contributors, vendors and volunteers. I want to give special thanks to our lead sponsors:
- GEORGE M. STEINBRENNER FIELD
- LEADERSHIP TAMPA CLASS OF 2014
- THE TAMPA TRIBUNE/TBO.COM
We would like to express our gratitude to the 6TH MEDICAL GROUP COLOR GUARD for their service and sacrifice and offer special recognition to our amazing young vocalist for the national anthem, Fabiana Nelson.
Kudos to TAMPA BAY CLUB SPORTS who ran the events so smoothly and with such a sense of fun. We highly recommend TBCS for teambuilding, employee appreciation days, company picnics, etc. Email Chris at Chris@TampaBayClubSports.com for more info.
Special thanks to the members of the Special Events Committee for their role in bringing Alpha Challenge 2014 to Tampa Bay.
You can keep the Alpha Challenge spirit going by…
• “Like” the FB pages of our sponsors and vendors and thank them for their role in Alpha Challenge when you patronize their businesses.
• “Like” the Tampa Police Department Facebook post on the Alpha Challenge: https://www.facebook.com/events/1400480936840214/#!/TampaPD
• Check out your Snapshoot Photobooth team photos after November 15 at http://www.snapshootphotobooth.com/eventphotos/
• E-mail feedback on how we can improve the event next year to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your support for this fundraising event for Alpha House of Tampa. The challenges you faced out on the field will help our residents overcome their challenges:
50% do not have a high school diploma when they arrive at Alpha House,
80% have a history of trauma and abuse,
one-third are teen moms in foster care,
and all of them are homeless.
Thank you for coming out to Alpha Challenge to have fun, to re-live those glory days of grade school, and to help to bring hope and opportunity to the mothers and babies of Alpha House of Tampa.
Patricia J. Langford Natalie P. Thomas
Executive Director Partner, Holland & Knight
Alpha House of Tampa Chair, Alpha House of Tampa
Special Events Committee