Volunteer – OLD
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in Volunteering? Please complete the Volunteer Application as an individual or group and complete the Volunteer Activity Request form.
1. Collection Drives
– Gift Cards: Walgreen’s, CVS, Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, Publix, Sweetbay, etc.
– Online Fundraising through Crowdrise. Please see below for more information.
– “Shop Around the Corner”
- – Jewelry – Earrings, fashion bracelets, necklaces, rings, Makeup – Eye shadow, blush, lipsticks, gloss, makeup bags, remover pads, brushes, Nail polish – and related nail care accessories, Hair styling accessories – brushes, combs, clips, etc., Scarves – fashionable, Wallets, Purses, Full size – Shower gels, lotions, shampoo, hair spray, conditioner, perfume sets, lotion sets, Shoes, socks and slippers, Fashion undergarments, Books – fiction/drama, popular writers, Notebooks, journals, stationery, notecards, fancy paper products, Gift Certificates – McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Mall, Bath and Body Works, Any other items that might fit in with our Shop image. * Please note all items must be new and full size (no sample sizes)
– Diapers/wipes: all sizes, esp. 4-5, pull-ups)
– Cooking Night or Baby Shower
– Resources*: Learning and self help/awarness games, writing journals, art supplies for awareness projects, workbooks for self-esteem building, educational tools around specific counseling issues.
* Please note the resources drive is to raise funds so Alpha House can purchase the needed learning tools.
– Housewarming: pots and pans, mixing bowls, kitchen utensils, plates/glasses/utensils, kitchen towels and dishcloths, bed and bath linens, pillows, household cleaning supplies, paper goods such as paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
– Entertainment Tickets: movies, zoo, museums, miniature golf, recreational activities, etc
2. Welcome baskets/bags
– Towels, wash cloths, toothbrush/paste, q-tips, cotton balls, lotion, face wash, face lotion, body soap, deodorant, any toiletry item
3. “Mommy Relief” Babysitting [FULL]
– A background check is required for a one time financial commitment of $52.50 and the form can be uploaded by clicking here
4. Holiday or Themed Parties
– Halloween, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Hair and Makeup, Manicures, etc.
5. “Moms’ Night Off” Dinner
– Deliver and serve prepared food
– (optional) Incorporate activity: recently released movies, art projects, make-over
6. Residential Staff Office
– Organization/Shelving, painting
7. Heart House
– Front Porch: repaint, new furniture, door handle
– Pave walkway/sidewalk, clear and mulch beds/plant drought-tolerant shrubs and bushes
8. Rosalie Outside Entrance
– Entry to front door from sidewalk
– Outside mural, bench
– Drought resistant landscape: bushes, flowers
– Hallways of Transitional Housing at Rosalie Center
– Hallways of Staff Offices at Bonnie Center
10. Backyard of La Casita
– Gazebo/picnic table and umbrella
– Fence repair
– Playground set
11. “The Green”
– Two aluminum picnic tables
12. Food Pantry
– Makeover/Shelving/Storage Units, organization
13. Kitchen – Rosalie Center
– Deep clean
We’re now part of Crowdrise, an amazing, innovative, social networking site for charities, volunteers and fundraisers to raise lots of money and have the most fun in the world while doing it. Whether you’re volunteering, participating in an event, donating or just want to help us raise money, you can start your own Project Page on Crowdrise and share it with everyone you know. The idea is make everything fun and viral. Crowdrise has lots of contests with prizes like MacBook Airs and Nintendo Wiis and the money you help raise will make such a huge difference.
Step 1: Watch this short clip to learn about Crowdrise!
Step 2: Create your own account here and become a friend of Alpha House of Tampa’s charity page.
Step 3: Become a Team Member of an existing fundraising project on Alpha House of Tampa’s charity page OR Become a Fundraiser and create your own!
Step 4: Message Alpha House through Crowdrise or Email us if you join a team or create your own project so we can let everyone know what an amazing volunteer we’ve gained!
Step 5: Have fun and don’t forget to share your project with everyone you know through email, facebook, twitter, and every other social networking site you belong to!